If you find your system is unable to connect to the internet,but you can able to ping Google and other sites,able to login in gtalk,Msn other messenger client. But Brower is not connecting to Internet. To rectify this Follow the following steps,you problem will be solved, as even i also faced the same kind of problem, by doing lot of R & D i got this Solution.
1. First Take the Registry backup, go to Start-Run-Regedit-Click OK
2. Select My computer right click on it and click on Export and select the location where you want to save your Registry backup.
3. Now Again go to Start-Run-Regedit-Click OK-go to the following location in registry
select it and delete both and exit the registry.
4. Now Reboot your System , its must
5.Now go to Control panel-Network Connections-Select the LAN, Right Click on it and select Properties.
6.Scroll Down until u get "internet Protocol(TCP/IP)" select it and Click on Install below.
7. Now a small window will open, Select Protocol-Click on ADD, again another window will open,There Select "Have Disk".
8. Now you will get another window, there you can find A:\ in that Place you need to give "c:\WINDOWS\inf" (without inverted commams).
9. Now Click on OK-OK-OK
10.Now again Reboot your system
11.Now check your brower open any website eg:- google now it will work, you can able to get that page.