This problem arise because of windows firewall need to be turned off and a inbound rule need to be created in server 2008 , so that other system on the network can able to ping it and helps to connect it RDP.
Follow the steps given below you will able to get it (Ping server 2008) and (RDP to Windows Server 2008)
- Start-Administrative tools-Select Windows Firewall with Advanced security
- In the left pane side of Windows Firewall with Advanced security console, Right click on inbound Rules node in the left pane and click on New Rule
3. On the Rule type page, Select Custome option,Click Next
6. Click Next on the Protocol and Ports page.
7. In the Scope dialog box, accept the default settings for the local and remote IP addresses, which is Any IP address. Click Next.
8. On the Action page, select the Allow the connection option and click Next
9. On the Profile page, remove the checkmarks from the Private and Public checkboxes and click Next.
10. On the Name page, give the rule a name. In this example we’ll name the rule Allow ICMP Request. Click Finish.